|Location:||Calgary, AB (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package for Full Time Employees|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Electrical Design & Drafting|
|Description:||This position would be consistent with the role expected from a Electrical Designer/ Drafter working within the Oil and Gas industry. As a part of the Electrical and Controls engineering group, the responsibilities include coordinate discipline engineering and design. Depending on specific work requirements, all or any of the below tasks may apply:|
• Design and drafting, development and technical content of Electrical and Controls project work.
• Review project work executed by Electrical & Controls Drafters.
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work in one discipline/project/staff group.
• Establish frequent contact with client, vendors, and internal staff.
• Review project controls, cost estimates, quantity take-offs and manpower.
• Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups/disciplines with clients, suppliers and contractors and between other divisional groups.
• Plan, coordinate and prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for several of equipment.
• Has the ability to manage multiple ongoing facility projects, keeping track of daily progress and associated costs, and implementing cost-control measures to insure projects are completed at or below AFE costs.
• Complete LV and MV power distribution, switchgear, protective relaying, motor control systems, area classifications specs, electrical equipment sizing, wiring and cable systems, control system schematics and instrumentation.
• Build positive and effective working relations
• Certificate/Diploma course in Electrical Drafting Design course is required
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the same field
• Previous EPCM or Fabricator experience is an asset
• Able to work independently and in an team environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Has above average written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Office 2003/2007 applications
• Has to be detailed oriented
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.