Senior Below Ground Pipeline Engineer
|Location:||Calgary, AB (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package for Employees|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position would be consistent with the role expected from a conventional Pipeline Engineer working within the Oil and Gas industry in an Engineering capacity on below ground pipelines. Depending on specific work requirements, all or any of the below tasks may apply:|
Work Roles and Responsibilities:
• Developing plans for pipeline projects and monitoring a project's progression, including DBM, Estimates and Schedules.
• Produce pipeline documents and drawings.
• Prepare Pipeline Works Authorization Documents.
• Produce Pipeline design reports.
• Provide input into pipeline engineering specifications, standards, and procedures.
• Complete Material Take Offs and associated Material Requisitions
• Coordinate procurement bids and complete technical bid spreads
• Act as a technical resource for CSA design and interpretation
• Identify optimization and operating cost reduction opportunities
• Ensure construction and field modifications meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Preparing project designs, Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) cost estimates, economic justifications, project schedules
• Monitoring costs during execution, start-up and commissioning
• Interface with business development, pipeline operations and maintenance personnel to ensure cost effective solutions are implemented
• An engineering degree recognized by APEGGA/APEGS/APEGBC, with P.Eng status
• H2S Alive is required
• A minimum of 10 years industry experience, including cross country pipeline engineering, above ground pipeline engineering and/or linear project management experience
• Familiarity with engineering standards relevant to the oil and gas pipeline industry (including ASME, API, and especially CSA, etc.) would be an asset.
• Familiarity with Alberta, B.C. and/or Saskatchewan OH and S Codes is preferred;
• Familiarity with the requirements of Alberta, B.C. and /or Sask regulatory process pertaining to construction of oil and gas pipelines is preferred;
• Proficient with MS Office Suite;
• Strong technical knowledge and interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines;
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work independently, and the willingness to mentor, coach and develop junior staff;
• Exceptional business writing and oral communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.